Ways To Keep the Best Artificial Grass Clean When You Have Dogs In Bonita
Artificial grass is a great choice for homeowners who have pets. It’s low-maintenance, easy to clean and looks great all year round. But when you have dogs, keeping your artificial grass in top condition can be a challenge. Here are 7 tips to help you keep the best artificial grass clean when you have dogs:
- Clean up after your pet. This may seem obvious, but it’s important to pick up any solid waste your dog leaves behind on the lawn each day. Not only will this prevent bacteria from building up, it’ll also keep your home free of unpleasant odors!
- Rinse or sweep away mud or dirt regularly. Mud and dirt can accumulate quickly on artificial grass if not addressed immediately. To avoid this, rinse your lawn with a hose or sweep away dirt and mud regularly.
- Use pet-safe cleaners. If you spot any spots that need extra attention, use a pet-friendly cleaner (or even just water) to help restore the original appearance of the grass fibers.
- Install drainage tiles or rocks around your lawn. If your artificial grass is in an area where it’s likely to get muddy due to high rains and humidity levels, consider installing drainage tiles or stones around the turf to keep it dryer for longer periods of time.
- Keep pets off wet grass. Dogs may want to play on wet grass after rain but resist this urge! Allowing them access to wet grass can cause tearing and damage to the turf.
- Seal seams where possible. Seams between pieces of artificial grass are common areas for dirt and mud to collect, so sealing them off with special adhesive can help keep these areas clean for longer periods of time.
- Keep your pets’ nails trimmed. Even if you follow all the steps above, your dogs’ nails can still cause wear and tear on your lawn over time. To prevent this, make sure you get their nails clipped regularly!
Is Artificial Grass Good For Pets?
Yes, artificial grass is a great option for pet owners as it’s low-maintenance and easy to clean. It also offers cushioning support for your dog’s paws which can help prevent injuries when they run and play on the lawn.
How Do I Get Rid Of Pet Stains On Artificial Grass?
Rinse any spots with a hose or use a pet-safe cleaner to remove any stains left behind by your pet. For stubborn stains, you may need to scrub them away with a brush or other cleaning tool.
Can Artificial Grass Be Laid Over Concrete?
Yes, artificial grass can be laid over concrete but make sure there is adequate drainage before doing so. If not, water can build up and cause the artificial grass to deteriorate over time.