How To Maintain Artificial Grass In Bonita?
Artificial grass is a great way to keep your garden looking green, lush and vibrant without the hassle of regular maintenance. To ensure that your artificial grass looks its best for years to come, here are 7 tips on maintaining it.
- Regularly brush or rake the artificial grass blades in different directions to help them stand upright again and reduce flattening over time. It is also important to brush away leaves or debris from your artificial grass, as this can help prevent moss and mildew growth.
- Use a hose to rinse off the grass with clean water on a regular basis. This will keep it looking fresh and reduce the amount of dust build-up over time. It is important to note that you should avoid using a pressure washer on your artificial grass as this can damage the turf.
- Remove any weeds or moss from the surface of your artificial grass as soon as you spot them. Weed killer may be necessary in some cases, but it is best to avoid chemical products if possible, instead opting for a natural solution such as boiling water or white vinegar.
- Avoid parking cars and other vehicles on your artificial turf, as the weight and heat can cause permanent discolouration and damage over time. If you do need to drive on it regularly, make sure that you use tyre stoppers or boards to disperse the weight evenly across the area and help prevent wear and tear.
- Pets can be incredibly hard on artificial grass, so it is important to keep their nails properly trimmed and use a pet-friendly product like biodogurad to help protect the turf from urine and other liquids. It is also important to clean up any messes quickly with warm water and a mild detergent as this will stop bacteria growth and odours.
- Ensure that your artificial grass is installed correctly on an even surface with proper drainage – this will help avoid any complications later down the line. To prevent weeds growing through the base of your artificial turf, lay down a layer of weed membrane beneath it before installation.
- If you find that your artificial grass isn’t standing upright anymore or is looking a bit dull, it may be time to replace the infill. Over time, the infill material will settle and degrade as dirt can start to accumulate in its place, so replacing it every 1-2 years will help keep your turf looking like new.
What Is The Best Way To Maintain Artificial Grass?
The best way to maintain artificial grass is to regularly brush or rake the blades in different directions, rinse it off with clean water, remove any weeds or moss, avoid parking vehicles on it and keep pets nails trimmed. Additionally, ensure that your artificial grass is installed correctly with proper drainage and replace the infill material every 1-2 years.
Can I Pressure Wash Artificial Grass?
No, pressure washing can damage artificial grass because of the force of the water. It is best to use a hose instead and rinse off dirt or debris from the surface.
How Often Should I Replace The Infill In My Artificial Grass?
It is recommended that you replace the infill in your artificial grass every 1-2 years as it can start to degrade and settle over time. This will help keep your turf looking like new.
It is important to take good care of your artificial grass in order to keep it looking vibrant and lush for years to come. Regularly brushing, raking, and hosing down the grass will help prevent dust build-up and maintain the blades’ height. For more information, contact Artificial Grass Bonita at (619) 404-2345.