What Things To Avoid While Having Artificial Grass In Bonita?
Artificial grass is becoming more and more popular as a long-term solution for a lush, green lawn. While installing artificial grass eliminates the need for watering, mowing, and weeding, there are still some things to avoid in order to keep your turf looking great.
- While it’s okay to walk on your artificial turf every now and then, avoid heavily treading on it constantly. Doing so can eventually cause the fibers to flatten out over time and make your lawn look uneven.
- Artificial grass is very durable but you should still be careful with any tools or items that could potentially puncture or cut the fibers. Try to use blunt objects that can’t pierce the turf.
- Try not to store any large items such as furniture and planters directly on the grass for an extended period of time as this can cause indentations and discoloration.
- Metal implements like rakes, shovels, and yard tools can be very sharp and should never touch artificial grass fiber blades, as this could easily cut them.
- Pet urine is corrosive so it’s important to clean up after your pet right away in order to avoid staining the turf.
- Artificial turf requires very little water in order to maintain its natural look and feel. Overwatering can cause the grass to become soggy and discolored, so just stick to the occasional hose-down for spot cleaning.
- Harsh chemicals should never be used on artificial turf as these can damage or discolor the fibers over time. Stick with mild cleaners like dish soap and warm water when trying to clean up spills or dirt patches.
What Should You Not Do With Artificial Grass?
Avoid walking on the grass too often, don’t use sharp objects, avoid storing items on your lawn, don’t use metal rakes or shovels, don’t leave pet waste on the lawn, avoid using too much water, and don’t use harsh detergents or chemicals.
What Will Damage Artificial Grass?
Sharp objects, metal rakes or shovels, pet waste, too much water, and harsh detergents or chemicals could all damage artificial grass.
Can You Mow Artificial Grass?
No, mowing is not necessary with artificial grass because it does not grow. Instead of mowing the turf should just be brushed occasionally to keep it looking its best.
It is important to take care of artificial grass in order to keep it looking great for years to come. Avoid walking on the grass too often, don’t use sharp objects, avoid storing items on your lawn, don’t use metal rakes or shovels, don’t leave pet waste on the lawn, avoid using too much water, and don’t use harsh detergents or chemicals. For more information, contact Artificial Grass Bonita at (619) 404-2345.